Friday, March 23, 2012

2/15/12

So I talked to the Director of the Meyer Center today because it is required if you want to stay there. I ended up telling him the truth of why I am, in fact, in Waco. He thought it was awesome but didn't think I was being hard enough on myself. I was so relieved when I heard that because I thought he would make me leave knowing I had an "invisible backpack" as he called it. But wait...not hard enough??? On top of making sure I get to ten different places on time every day so I don't miss out on food for the day and a place to sleep at night, I now have to complete certain tasks and report back to him! Tasks such as go to the work force and get signed up for job search, which is a bus ride away, sit all day at day labor and pray for a job to show, simulate what it I would have to do if I needed to get a tooth pulled, go hang out in the park with all the homeless and see what happens when lots of drunk, some mentally unstable, guys get together, go to 'Caritas' to get food and clothes, and lots of other things! Oh, Lord, help me! I am getting the real deal now! But one thing still bothers me. At the end of this trip, I am going home. For these people, there is no end in sight! They seem to have no hope of ever getting out and that devastates me. But I am here to give them the hope of a future in Jesus Christ! Lord, work through me as I share your love with a broken world!

"You chart the path ahead of me...Every moment You know where I am." Psalm 139:3

No comments:

Post a Comment