Thursday, March 22, 2012

Just another day...2/14/12

Sometimes, the previous entry is all that runs through my head and I get discouraged, but I remember Romans 5:3 and God invades my life once again. "Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope." I have hope in the Lord because of my sufferings but that still does nothing for those without Christ. What they need more than anything is the Love of Christ in their lives. Everything else will be taken care of. How can a group of people given so much in a time of need be so ungrateful that they complain about having cereal for breakfast? Having nothing has forced them to greed! They have no respect for other peoples property! Once again, I am complaining about other people and forgetting to thank God for His wonderful hope that comes through Jesus Christ. I have been given everything I need through Him. I have a roof over my head, food in my stomach, and all the time in the world to spend with my savior!

The highlight of my evening? Listening to an alcoholic spill his life story, share with me the hardships of trying to to obtain an I.D., and how stuck you really are without one. He has a family that would drop everything to help him but is too proud to even tell them his situation. He is on the streets until he humbles himself. I had the opportunity to share that "God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble" and that "apart from Him we can do nothing". He said "I guess I'm stuck then." I said "Yeah, until you move, you are!" I proceeded to pray with him that God would reveal Himself to him in a powerful way and that he would accept God's way of life and surrender to Him. He was very receptive and open to conversation in the future. Being able to share Christ with others takes going to where they are. It seems that the only ones that are open to it are the broken. If you want to see lives changed, you must go to the broken and share Christ. What an opportunity! I am so grateful for the time I had with this man! And its just another day in the Kingdom of God. But first we must go.

"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Matthew 28:19-20

1 comment: