Wednesday, March 28, 2012

3/1/12

It's been ten days since I journaled last. So much has happened that I don't know where to begin! I was sitting in the common room after breakfast on the 23rd when a man came in and whispered in my ear, "do you want to work?" Of course I said "yes!" He said, "you have five minutes". That would have been awesome but I just so happened to be doing my laundry...all of my laundry. I was wearing athletic shorts, a t-shirt, and shoes...I didn't even have socks on! And guess what I did all day! Weed eated. But forty bucks ain't bad pay for cut up legs and nasty feet when you have nothing! I was so grateful! Under normal circumstances, I probably would have turned that down. But being desperate makes you do crazy things!

(After thought)
The bible says to not worry about what you will wear, eat, or drink. To trust God to provide those things for you. The end of the passage, though, gives us a prerequisite to having these things. "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and [then] all these things will be added to you." (Matthew 6:33 bold print is mine) To be able to trust God for these things we must seek His kingdom first! We can't say to God, "I have my job that supplies my needs and quite a few of my wants, God! So what do you want me to do?" (and we say it with such enthusiasm!) We must say to Him, "God, where do you want me? When you take me there, I will trust you to provide everything I need through either a job or the support of others!" Seek His kingdom first and He will provide what you need! I challenge you to pray the second prayer and STOP praying the first! I went to Waco, because God told me to and fully expected Him to provide what I needed to get through it and get back. He did! He gave me that job and it paid for exactly what I needed! My bus ticket, another believers bus ticket, it bailed a good friend and brother in Christ, who happens to be homeless, out of jail (he was driving on a suspended license) and so many little things that were needed! When I got on the bus to come home, I had ten dollars that I spent on food for the trip. Incredible!! I am still overwhelmed by this! Praise God for supplying every need for those that do His will!

“For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life? And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith! Do not worry then, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear for clothing?’ For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."
(Matthew 6:25-33)

At the end of the day, back at the Meyer Center, before I got in the shower, a man looked right at me and said, "I'm going to have a seizure! Call an ambulance!" I immediately got him his meds and got him to the floor where he turned to the exact position he was supposed to turn to! He has apparently done this before. Someone called 911 while he had a mild seizure. When the paramedics got there he told them he had pneumonia...I had been holding this mans hand and head (sometimes placing my head on his) for the past ten minutes and NOW he decides to say this??? I'll admit...I was pretty nervous and took a shower that left my skin red but I know that I was put there for that one man. And God does not allow His children to be harmed when they are doing His work! Do not fear! Step out in boldness and reach the lost! The Almighty God will protect you!

"And He said to them, “I was watching Satan fall from heaven like lightning. Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing will injure you. Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are recorded in heaven."
(Luke 10:18-20)

(After thought)
God will protect those that do His work. I'm not saying to purposefully put yourself in harmful situations. But when God tells you to do something, like care for the sick, don't let the fear of becoming sick yourself stop you from helping that person. Trust God to protect you and know that He has your best interest in mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment